Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Franco et le T.P. O.K. Jazz - 20eme Anniversaire (1976)

This magnificent double album was rereleased in the late '80s on two individual CDs; I have the first, and it has become as familiar to me as any recording in my collection. I love it! From the first notes of "Liberté," I was enchanted. Now that I've digitized the double set, I have double the pleasure!

While intending to post this treasure before Xmas or New Year's or Kwanza or whatever holiday you may observe, ordinary life thwarted my goal. I did refer to the wonderful Aboubacar Siddikh YouTube channel to supplement the metadata on these tracks. I encourage you to read more informed analysis of this recording there, where you may also stream the songs.

Enjoy LP1 and LP2!

You may have noticed that I love the music created by Franco and the incredibly talented host of musicians who participated in T.P. O.K. Jazz. In case you missed them, I have other Franco posts with some of his greatest records here, here, here, here and here.

8 comments:

Apurva Bahadur said...

Fantastic! Many thanks. Apurva from Pune, India.

FrancoPepeKalle said...

Franco made all the songs so masterful. Grand Maitre Franco knew how to make great songs. Here is the songs where he sounds so genius. Franco's guitar was legendary. Grand Maitre Franco will never be forgotten.

cisbio said...

For some reason. I haven't visited this blog for many months- perhaps I thought it had been closed down by the powers that be.

So, today I filled my boots for which have give muchly thanks! Some LPs I still have from my African musical heyday in the eighties but others are new found gems. I haven't finished yet.

Compliments also on the quality of, and the care with which you present, the rips. bravo

Rhythm Connection said...

Thank you, friends, for your comments. I have been pretty busy with personal matters for the past month, but never fear, there is a lot more to come.

cheers, and happy new year. or better, a wish for peace with justice to make the new year happier.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! Just a couple days ago I was looking around for a better copy of "Voyage..."; mine has a couple pops/skips.

dial africa said...

Happy New Year Robert - and thank you!

Anonymous said...

Let me also add my voice..this is simply incredible, great, indescribable, I wonder what type of music this great son of africa wouls have been channeling out had he been around today!!!! He was just in a world of his own..incomparable......Many thanks for the posting

Eddy B
Livinstone, Zambia

Tumo said...

I live in Joburg, RSA. Where in this city can I buy this double CD by Franco. The shop where I bought the Mario album 10 years ago has since moved