Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Choc Stars - Awa et Ben (1986)

Here is the Siamese twin to my last post, delayed by two feet of snow and then 5,000 miles of flight. I believe this record comes from the same recording session as the one below, and have always felt that the strongest songs of the session were chosen for the first Shock. The Choc Stars are no less impressive on this record: the singing is impeccable, the guitars are splendid (who are they?), and the rhythms rockin'.

So have a listen, and see what you think. Are these songs weaker, or did I just tire of the formula after eight long songs on two records?
Enjoy sometime soon!

4 comments:

LeFranck said...

Thank you for posting this second album by Choc Stars.
When I saw the first one you posted I directly thought of this one. A big surprise to see that you had it in your mind and posted it.

LeFranck

FrancoPepeKalle said...

This is a great post like the previous one. This one is just as excellent as the other one was. Great vocalists and perfect melodies.

Musicians, I will try to give a educated guess.
Singers I guess contain of Carlyto, Debaba, Defao, and others. Guitarists, I know Roxy is the lead guitarist with Mi-Solo of Carol, and bass of Djo Mali.

Thanks for the great post.

Apurva Bahadur said...

I agree with you Robert, the first album of Choc Stars was better. Many thanks for sharing. Apurva from Pune, India.

soukousman said...

This album is indeed explosive! As from the first, its Sedjo Kha lead guitarist for Choc Shock Choc it was originally titled Santa which was an solo album by Defao also featuring Koffi Olomide on vocals.